Murray Ruggiero is the chief systems designer and market analyst at Tuttle Wealth Management, with around 200 million dollars under management.
He is one of the world’s foremost experts on the use of intermarket and trend analysis in locating and confirming developing price moves in the markets.
He is also a speaker, author and has been a contributing editor to Futures magazine since 1994, producing over 180 articles.
In this episode we discuss various aspects of system development, including optimization, curve-fitting and creating robust strategies. We also discuss why strategies must have a premise, the importance and applications of intermarket analysis, cycles and a bunch of great questions from the audience.
In this episode we discuss
- Factors to success in system development
- Why it’s important to understand the underlying premise of a system
- Techniques to reduce or avoid curve-fitting and develop robust strategies
- Why Intermarket Analysis is so important and how it can be used to create profitable trading strategies
- How to get started with intermarket analysis and common issues traders face
- Using cycles to detect market breakouts and other applications
PLUS questions from the audience on...
- How to determine if a strategy has broken down or is just in a normal state of drawdown
- The relationship between drawdown and time
- Creating robust strategies and which ones have stood the test of time
- Performance of Tuttle Wealth Management and the differences between managing money for others and trading your own money
- Exits and how to choose the correct exit for your entry method
- Effective uses of AI in trading
- Regime switching between strategies
- The future of trading