Our guest for the episode is Gary Hart, the founder of Trendfinder Trading Systems, a company offering mechanical intraday and swing trading strategies in futures.
Gary has been trading futures for close to two decades now, becoming a member of the NFA and a registered CTA.
He's had a number of trading strategies take the top spots in Futures Truth rankings so we’re going to discuss how he builds trading strategies that do that plus we also cover a lot of other aspects of trading, including:
- The challenges of developing day-trading strategies and how to overcome them
- The worst time to trade intraday strategies that can hurt performance
- Why price-based strategies have lost their edge and how integrating additional data can provide superior performance over purely price-based strategies
- How to construct a portfolio of strategies and identify ones that complement each other
- Plus much more, including overfitting, optimization, swing-trading, correlation, market behaviour, index trading, volatility and reusing trading ideas.