“There are literally hundreds of statistically valid patterns in every market.” – Scott Andrews (Investiquant).
So, where are they hiding out, how can we find them and how can we determine the patterns are actually valid and not just random noise in the market?
In this new episode of BST Live, Scott Andrews from Investiquant joins us to discuss how to find statistical edges to improve your trading. Here are just some of the tips you’ll discover:
Is the trend REALLY your friend?
And if so, why do so many trend traders fail?
Global futures trader Brent Penfold joins us to discuss trend trading tactics, including:
• Why trend trading is so difficult for traders,
• Why traders should be careful using indicators,
• How to overcome challenging periods in trend trading,
• The surprising robustness of really old strategies,
• Why bright people struggle in the markets,
• Drawdown, risk, position-sizing, volatility cycles, data mining, and much more.
Quant Trader Alan Clement from Helix Trader discusses momentum trading & strategies, including:
With the US elections just days away, traders are thinking about how the markets may react to whatever news the elections may bring.
Will we see a big selloff, wild swings in price, and huge spikes in volatility?
Or do the markets typically deliver something else around election time?
In this episode of BST Live, Perry Kaufman from Kaufman Signals joins us to discuss how to survive market selloffs, including: