Ever had a strategy that looked like it was broken and wondered if you should stop trading it or not?
Strategy failure (or periods of poor performance) are just a part of trading, but how you deal with it can have a HA-YUGE impact on your overall results… so how do you detect when a strategy is failing?
How do you work out if you should stop trading it or just give it some more time?
In this episode of BST Live, trading champion Kevin Davey joins us to discuss how to detect when a strategy is failing, including:
• Why looking at a single equity curve is not giving you the full picture,
• How to determine the potential ranges of future strategy performance,
• Using Statistical Process Control to monitor trading strategies and which metrics are best,
• How Probability Cones can give traders a more informed view of strategy performance (and when a strategy could be broken),
• What do to when a strategy over-performs (the answer may not be what you think!),
• Should you turn a strategy back on if it recovers after extremely poor performance,
• How a really good backtest can actually be a predictor of bad performance,
• Plus, much more!
Are our roles as traders coming to an end soon?
Is AI and ML (that’s Machine Learning, not Money Laundering or Meat Loaf…) going to take over the trading world?
Trading veteran Bob Pardo from Pardo Capital joins us to discuss these topics plus much more, including:
DSP and Cycles expert John Ehlers, joins us to discuss all things optimization, including:
Also, if you want to discover more of John’s Cycles and DSP techniques, John is running his annual workshop for the very last time this year (he’s retiring to go fishing and build model aeroplanes). The workshop is run over 4 evenings (US time – Oct 19-23) and it’s 100% online so no travel or quarantine required. For more info, visit: http://bettersystemtrader.com/jeworkshop2020
High-performance trading coach Steve Ward from TradeAtYourBest.com discusses:
And if you want even more practical tips on high-performance trading, you should check this one out:
For the first time ever, Steve is running the 6-week "Trade At Your Best Trading Psychology Course" to teach private traders (he usually only works with institutional clients) the mindset and mental skills required to succeed in the markets, and close the gap between potential and actual returns.
So, if you want to see what knowledge, insights, and techniques Steve reveals to his Insto clients behind closed doors, this could be your only chance. (Have to admit I’m intrigued too…)
The program starts next week, you can find more details about the program at http://bettersystemtrader.com/taybcourse